O Heck, blackheads and whiteheads, o heck!
Welcome barbies, to my blog, with another skin issue. It’s 2021 after 2020, and there is a hoard of problems in line. It’s tiring you know, Existing. There are so many different types of problems related to your skin. As we all know blackheads and whiteheads are not limited to any one portion of your body. Also, they are much more annoying than pimples to deal with. Oh god..O Jesus! In this article let us understand the ways to Get rid of blackheads and whiteheads with these secret tips.
Why does our skin face blackheads and whiteheads?
Blackheads and whiteheads occur when skin pores become clogged with dead skin cells, oil, or bacteria. The medical community / (not commonly) calls such bumps sebaceous plugs or comedones. If simply put- a clogged pore that is open or exposed becomes a blackhead and if one clogged pore gets closed it results in whiteheads. These can also be assumed as early signs of acne.
Unbalanced hormone changes, menstruation, pregnancy can cause such bumps to arise; including factors such as genetics. However, it is both dermatologically approved that both homemade and cosmetics can work on such bumps).
Steps to avoid skin traps
1.Try salicylic acid: active ingredients like salicylic acid, a beta-hydroxy acid are suitable for removing blackheads. Because the texture is oil soluble, it can deeply penetrate the pores and oil glands to break up the debris and sebum trapped in the skin pores.
2. Give a chance to powerful retinoids: for the past few months, retinoids have made a big debut in the skin and social media industry. I have seen it trend quite a few noticeable times. Retinol is a milder version of retinoids, but both are vitamin A derivatives. Retinoids change the way your skin cells develop from the inside out, it helps prevent the clogging of pores and acne formation. They help reduce fine lines and ageing signs.
3. Benzoyl Peroxide: another effective and powerful ingredient found in cleansers like- CeraVe or Cetaphil, helps dissolve dead skin cells above the bump, (remember the gross hard surface over your pimple?). These are strong chemicals, therefore it is recommended that use an ad iced amount only or else it can dry out your membrane and irritate your skin
4. Use steam to nix blackheads instantly: every time we go for a clean up in salons, at the end or mid of the treatment they give our face a steam check. What is that steam check! Steaming is a method used to open up your clogged pores to remove dirt in and out. At home, after steaming, use two pieces of cotton or a comedone extractor to gently press on the sides of the blackhead. It has always been advised to not touch your face using fingers too much, as it can introduce bacterias to the face
5. Use a medicated cleanser/face wash to nix blackheads on your back and body: there are quite a few renowned face wash for blackheads that are available in the market. I recommend using cleansers/face wash that contains5% benzoyl peroxide to start, then moving to a higher percentage of your skin can tolerate it without irritation and if you think it’s too irritating for your skin you can easily opt for salicylic acid or retinol.
6. Don’t skip moistening completely, though, as it’s important for all skin types: Proper moisturising is important for all types of skin but for someone who has skin like yours – requires a formula that is 100% oil-free as to prevent pore-clogging.
7. Be gentle with blackheads on your cheeks: with skin like yours, I am sure your cheeks are going to be a bit drier and perhaps more sensitive to retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, or salicylic acid than other spots. You can use these ingredients in minimum quantity.
As to how to get rid of whiteheads, is a topic we still need to cover. Yes, there are separate methods for both darlings.
1. Hands-off: ‘I write sins, not tragedies’ your fingers regularly touching your face is sin above tragedy. Not sure if I put it the right way lol! Touching your face only welcomes oil and bacteria which further results in skin problems. Also, get over the habit of Picking and popping, because it simply e just doesn’t work. In some cases, this could lead to permanent scarring.
2.Aloe vera: aloe vera gel is a purely natural substance found around us, and there have been claims that it can treat acne well if paired with the right products.
3.Tea tree oil: exactly like aloe vera, tea tree oil is another natural product found in our surroundings that has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is available as tea tree extract or in products that could tear Whiteheads.
4.Gentle exfoliating: as mentioned above, like blackheads retinoids, salicylic acid etc they can prove to be effective on whiteheads too. They can help get rid of excess oil and dead skin cells. The key to choosing the right exfoliant is to choose a gentle formula.
5.Witch hazel: oh damn, what a name! Classy! It is derived from a flowering plant of the same name, witch hazel may help heal whiteheads with its astringent, pore-opening qualities. If put in simple words it is used as a toner. Dip your cotton into witch hazel and apply gently on your face in a suitable manner.
Also here is a list of proper skin cleaning regime:
● Wash your face once in the evening.
● Use a mild product
● Not too hot, not too cold water
● Be gentle, avoid harsh scrubs
● Exfoliate a few times per week only
● Wash your hair regularly
● Anything that touches your face clean like makeup brushes, phones, hands etc
● Wash your makeup off every night and Throw out old makeup
● Never share makeup or applicators
So, no more of those crying choked whispers from your skin “bring me to life”. Hahaha…too many irrelevant comparisons. but still, I hope this article- Get rid of blackheads and whiteheads with these secret tips gave you the insight you were looking for. Thank you for visiting us.